Updated on September 22, 2021
A note on our policies:
While the State of Colorado and City of Denver have removed the requirement that we all wear masks in indoor spaces, they have encouraged individual businesses to continue to require them at their discretion, and have encouraged all of us to respect those policies. Because of the nature of the organization we are a part of, and the population our organization serves, Peak Thrift has the responsibility to keep our store as safe as possible. That means we will continue to require masks for all shoppers and donors over the age of 3 for the foreseeable future, and will continue to encourage all shoppers to use hand sanitizer or gloves upon entering the store.
We will also continue to have zero tolerance for harassment or bullying of our employees. If you have questions or feedback on these policies, you may contact Oliver Lewis, Peak Thrift's Store Manager, directly at (303) 974-2930 or by email at [email protected].
Our current health and safety policies for shoppers and donors are:
- Face coverings are required for all shoppers over the age of 3
- Fitting rooms and customer bathrooms are closed
- Donations are by appointment only and should not be brought through the store's front door; donors must wear face coverings
- If safety protocols (physical distancing, face coverings) are not being adhered to, we will give reminders; if repeated reminders are not complied, the shopper will be asked to leave
- Any abusive or harassing behavior toward anyone, including ANY physical contact with store staff, will result in an immediate report to Denver Police Department and a lifetime ban from Peak Thrift. We understand this may seem harsh, but the safety of our staff and shoppers is our number one priority.
These are the safety measures we have in place to help protect our shoppers, staff, and community:
- For shoppers
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces
- Face coverings required for all shoppers (we have some available if you do not have one)
- Disinfecting of register area between transactions, and of carts and baskets between customer uses
- Gloves and hand sanitizer at the store entrance
- Store layout changes to allow for physical distancing among shoppers
- For staff
- Face coverings provided and worn at all times
- Continued "stay home if ill" policy
- Information on proper hand-washing and infection control measures
- Expanded sick time and scheduling flexibility to maintain optimal staff health